VR

From the 10 Cool Virtual Realty Apps for Your iPhone article, I looked at two different VR apps. The first VR app I looked into was the VR Space Stalker. This is one of 10 VR apps built for Apple products but mainly iPhone. Space stalker takes you on an adventure through space where you job is to blow up the enemies ships. The graphics for this game is very derail and makes you feel like your actually in space. As your move around with the headset on, your can see other surroundings on he ship including some parts of your character. The second VR app I looked at was the Star Chart VR. This one actual cost to look at through VR. I really thought it was interesting to look at, so I read about it anyways. This app takes you on a tour of our solar system where you can travel to other plants and gaze at the stars/constellations. I watch the video on this app and the graphics on it were great. The planets are detailed and realistic looking. I know this would have looked awesome with the actual VR headset on.

On YouTube I viewed Launterbrunnen. The Valley of Waterfalls and mountain peaks located in Switzerland. This was an aerial 360 view of the beautiful landscape. Once you put your VR set on, you can see the different areas of the valley. As your looking around, the video is taking you through the sky, so it makes you feel like your flying through the sky. At first I did have a little trouble with adjusting the headset for my eyes, but other than that it was an amazing viewing. 

Under the article The Best VR apps for 2021, I viewed a short film called Colosse. The clip I looked at has this greyscale of different tones of blue. It also gives off that animation vibe like Samurai Jack (rebooted series) It's a great viewing of storytelling in real time. Also as you are moving along through the story, different events will happen depending on which direction you choose to go to. The graphics, music and framing sequences keeps you engaged with the different events going on. 



Comments